Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Sweet 15

 In my parents culture you celebrate your daughter's sweet 15. That means when the girl turns 15 they are suppose to make a party and enjoy the night dancing a presentation. When my parents told me they were going to make that party, I was pretty excited. Three months before we started to plan everything. My dress was yellow. I was inspired by the princess Bell. I had to start my dance. I had a teacher who teached me and my court how to dance. The day of the practice came and I was happy because everything seemed easy as well fun. As the time passed things started getting harder and the date of the party was right on the corner. I was really stressed out with school work, the dance, and a lot of homework. I started being frustrated and upset because the steps wouldn't come out right. I was so mad and I just wanted that everything would've ended. The teacher added new steps, four guys had to grab my feet and carry me up, meanwhile I had to keep my balance but I didn't and I fell down from a high height. I fell on the floor my back hurted really bad. The guys started laughing at me and I was really sensitive and I started to cry like a little baby. The guys stayed shut and the teacher tried to calm me down because I couldn't stop crying. When I was feeling better I didn't want to dance anymore I was really disappointed of my self for many reasons because I never cry in front of some one. I didn't want to dance and the teacher was begging me to dance. I said no many times. She told me that an accident of me falling down didn't mean anything. She said that everything was going to be okay but I would still say no. She told me that no matter what happens you can't give up that easily and those words got my attention. I felt really dumb acting like a little girl when I was suppose to be acting like nothing happened. I calm down and I apologize the guys that were dancing with me and they said it was okay. I kept on dancing and learn that I should never ever give up on the most important things in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment